Why 390?

Why 390?
The idea was taken from the "3191" books, which are collections of pictures taken each day at the same time by 2 women who live in Portland, Maine and Portland, Oregon, 3191 miles apart. After my first 2 weeks of living here in Kent, OH I decided that I'd do something similar to keep the people closest to me involved in my life in some way. 390 is the combined total number of miles from Kent to Cincinnati (243 miles) and from Kent to Bowling Green (147 miles). Two place I call home, where I can find friends and family, it seems like a good way to stay connected. Because sometimes, you need to SEE what's going on, more than just a status update from Twitter or Facebook.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010


Today's picture was taken at "Scribbles", only the best coffee shop in Kent (and the only local one in Kent). Because Starbucks is right next to Kent, generally everyone goes there, but down here in the small downtown area next to the river, not many people come here. It's been nice and quiet, a good place to work on things, and spend time with God. As you can see from the name, the tables are generally covered with paper and crayons are sitting around (I did NOT draw the peacock, it was already there). It's been a good, relaxing afternoon... as long as I don't check my e-mail to see what work I have left to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment